Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Joys of Evening Running

Tonight I had an unexpected enjoyable run after dinner. Typically I am not a after-eating runner, but the weather tonight was so nice that I thought I'd give it a try. What I had originally intended to be my usual 6.2 miles turned out to be a 7 miler. Not that big of a difference, but I have discovered a new running route (a combination of two different routes). It was pretty easy, so I think that I'll replace my usual casual run of 6.2 for the new 7. There are several benefits of running in the evening. The heat of the day has more or less dispersed, it is less humid, no hot sun beating down giving you awkward runner tan lines, and the sweet spring smells are invigorating. Perhaps I will try to do more after-dinner runs in the future. I also walked to my favorite place on Earth, Starbucks, this afternoon for a refreshing beverage. The walk is easy enough, with a rewarding 3 mile loop. That combined with the 7 I actually ran is a nice 10 miles for the day (just like Monday). I'm hoping that these casual runs/walks are enough to prepare me for Sunday's half. Thankfully the weather is supposed to be cooler than it has been this week. I hope to avoid more awkward sock and runner tank top tan lines this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment