Thursday, July 1, 2010

18 Weeks Away

So the hot weather has finally taken a brief hiatus. I'm actually going to go for a run in the AFTERNOON today! Amazing, right? This morning was beautiful and a cool mid-60s. Unfortunately, I slept through my alarm and failed to go for a run. To compensate, I'm going to hit the W & OD for the first time since before the half! I'm really excited to run on relatively flat ground for the majority of a run. I'm even playing with the idea of making it a longer run... I haven't done anything farther than 6 miles since the half either, so I'm not sure if I want to just go for 10 or try for something like 7 or 8. I think I'll see how it goes once I'm moving. I forgot to bring my water bottle, but thankfully it is now officially summer so I expect all of the water fountains to be up and running full force. Otherwise...I'm screwed.

I am 18 weeks away from the marathon. I planned out the final 4 weeks of my training schedule (like the past few weeks have been going according to plan...NOT) and I hope to be able to maintain some kind of plan that resembles this schedule. I have no races scheduled until then, which is kind of a downer. Maybe I should look around for some race to inspire me and keep me motivated. My training schedule doesn't have me run anything farther than 20 miles, but I think I'm going to up it to 22.

I'm going to be in Paris for a little over a week at the beginning of August. We are staying at an apartment right along the Seine. It'll be great for running! Not sure if I'll be able to accomplish any real distance runs while I'm there, but I'll definitely be able to go for at least hour-long runs. It'll be beautiful and so cool. As soon as I get back, though, I have to do my first 13-miler. Gotta gear up for this!

I'm starting to shift my sleep schedule to accommodate my runs. Obviously it didn't work this morning, but I'm a night owl! It's hard for me to really be asleep before 10:30...and last night I went to bed after midnight. Damn you True Blood!

No comments:

Post a Comment