Thursday, June 24, 2010

Got to Step It Up!

So I have been seriously slacking these past few weeks. I don't know what it is, but probably the fact that it's been insanely hot and humid! I've officially switched to being a morning runner, but the past 2 days I ended up just hitting the snooze button and sleeping away my hour run. I've been clocking in about 12-16 miles/week for the last 4 weeks. And this week isn't looking to be much better. I HOPE to go for a run tomorrow morning, but the weekend is looking CRAZY (again) so no chances of a long distance run.

I'm hoping that starting next week I can step it up a notch and start getting back to 18 miles/week MINIMUM with a longer run on the weekend. I still have about 19 weeks left until the marathon though, so I still have plenty of time to start hitting those 10+ mile runs. There's a nice run through Rock Creek Park near my boyfriend's house, where we can run to the Maryland border and back to total roughly 10 miles. Last time I did it I practically died, so I'd like to try it out again.

Last week I did a few sprints again and raced against a high school boy. I beat him and his friend teased him for getting "beat by a girl". I may have won the battle, but I think if we were to continue racing at those speeds he would have won the war.

Anyways, it's over and out....I just wanted to check back in to whoever reads this!


No comments:

Post a Comment